Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chogoria

Chogoria, Kenya is our destination this May and this evening I have spent some time learning about this place on Wikipedia and the interweb.

(I stole this photo from Ronnie, the journalism student before me.  Check out her blog: 
http://triptokenya.posterous.com/)

Chogira is actually HUGE! Chogoria has over 28,000 people in it. That is much more than I was expecting.

Chogoria is 140 miles away from Nairobi. Chris informed us that this relatively short journey will actually take up to three hours. Something about giant speed bumps?

Chogoria was created around the Clive Irvine Hospital. Some of our fellow travelers will be working in that hospital, including Cindy Ault who is very excited to check out some diseases.

Chogoria is an education hub. It houses public primary boarding schools, girls schools and secondary schools as well as private establishments. The town also has the Clive Irvine Nursing College.

Isn't all of that stuff neat? Chogoria is going to be a very neat place to visit and I can't wait to have that experience. :)

Look forward to a post about our last class where we sampled Kenyan foods and heard from Dr. Coyle who was very informed on Kenyan wildlife. All this time, I had never thought of Kenyan wildlife. How could I forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment